- Awards – NDTV Gadgetguru- Lifestyle & Gadget Awards
- Awards Management – New Delhi Television Limited (NDTV)
- Auditors – Process Advisors and Official Tabulators for the Awards
- Living Digital (www.LD2.in) – Knowledge Partner to the Awards
- CyberMedia – Media Partner to the Awards
- Participant – Any organization / individual who submits the nomination form to participate in the Awards
- Nominee – Any organization / individual short-listed and to be evaluated by the Jury / by members of the public
- Jury – Group of persons / subject matter experts who will conduct evaluation of Nominees
- Award Categories and Definition: The 2012 Awards categories are:
1. Best Audio Product of the Year, up to Rs. 5 Lakh
2. Best Audio & Video Innovation of the Year
3. Best Portable Audio Product of the Year
4. Best Television display of the Year
5. Best Computing Product of the Year
6. Best Computer Peripherals of the Year
7. Best Portable Computing Product of the Year
8. Smartphone of the Year
9. Budget phone of the Year
10. Best App of the Year
11. Consumer Electronics of the Year
12. Best Gaming Product of the Year
13. Best Imaging Product of the Year
14. Celebrity Endorsement of the Year
15. Gadget Eye Candy of the Year
16. Technology/Innovation of the year
17. Gadget of the Year – Jury Choice
18. Gadget of the Year – Popular Choice
The definitions for the respective award categories are:
- Best Audio Product of the Year, (Up to Rs. 5 Lakh) (This category is not open for nomination)– This category includes sound systems, sound bars, speaker-amplifier combinations, vacuum tube amplifiers and speaker packages priced up to Rs 5 Lakhs (MRP). This category would be evaluated by a special jury panel
- Best Audio & Video Innovation of the Year (This category is not open for nomination)– This category looks at sound system for audiophiles, new and emerging video technologies that fall under home theatre systems, sound bars, speaker-amplifier combinations, vacuum tube amplifiers, etc. This category would be evaluated by a special jury panel. Price is no bar in this category.
- Best Portable Audio Product of the Year– This includes all portable MP3 players, headphones, portable sound docks and battery powered speaker systems as well as any other form of portable audio device. Price is no bar in this category.
- Best Television display of the Year – The Best Television display category covers all types of flat panel televisions like LCDs, LEDs, plasma TVs, projection TVs (not projectors) and laser TVs. Price no bar.
- Best Computing Product of the Year – This category includes all personal computing devices, including tablets, netbooks, net-tops, laptop computers, desktops and all-in-one computing devices. Price no bar.
- Best Computer Peripherals of the Year – Computer peripherals include printers (both inkjet and laser), all-in-one (print-scan-copy-fax) devices, scanners (sheet-fed and flatbed), external storage devices, webcams, keyboards and mice. Basically anything that can be worked with after being plugged into a computer. Price no bar.
- Best Portable Computing Product of the Year– This category will include all the tablets, hybrids, and ultrabooks. Price is no bar in this category.
- Smartphone of the Year – Quite simply, this award goes to the best overall Smartphone, but with price tag upwards of Rs 10,000(MRP). A Smartphone would be defined as one offering various advanced capabilities in terms of day-to-day use, connectivity as well as third party software installations and running a Smartphone operating system such as Symbian, Windows Mobile, Android etc.
- Budget phone of the Year – This award is for the best budget mobile phone (Smartphone or feature phone) under the price range of Rs 10,000 (MRP).
- Best App of the Year – This one covers applications across all mobile platforms (Symbian, iPhone, Windows, Android, Palm, OS X etc.). The category will include all categories of apps like games, productivity, GPS maps and even fun apps. Price no bar.
- Consumer Electronics of the Year – This category includes projectors and projection systems, DVD players, Blu-Ray players, HDD media players, HD video upscalers or any other gadget or consumer electronic product which is not covered or does not fit in any of the other categories. (No White goods such as refrigerators, Air conditioners etc. should be nominated)Price no bar.
- Best Gaming Product of the Year – The best gaming hardware covers all gaming consoles, graphics cards, gaming-specific laptops/desktops and handheld gaming devices (including mobile phones with a gaming skew). Hardware would also include gaming accessories like gaming keyboards, mice, high performance mouse pads, gaming headsets, speakers etc. Price no bar.
- Best Imaging Product of the Year – Imaging devices includes all types of digital still cameras and video cameras. These include those that record to tape, flash memory or hard disks.Price no bar.
- Celebrity Endorsement of the Year– This category basically looks at various celebrity endorsements for gadgets. TV commercials, print ads, etc. are considered for this award.
- Gadget Eye Candy of the Year – This is the gadget that you feel offers the most visual appeal & design flair across categories. There is no price or specification limit, it’s all about the looks here.
- Technology/Innovation of the year – Various interesting and innovative technologies have been introduced through the year that have made a significant impact on one or the other aspect of gadgets and related industry. This category looks at not just technologies but also any other form of innovation that has brought about a substantial change.
- Gadget of the Year – Jury Choice – This category is not open to nominations to the public. The category will be populated from amongst the Jury nominations and other entries jointly by the LD and NDTV edit teams. The Jury will decide the final winner during the Jury meet by voting.
- Gadget of the Year – Popular Choice – This category is not open to nominations. The category will be populated from amongst the other entries jointly by the LD and NDTV edit teams. The final winner will be decided using a public voting on the NDTV Awards website. The public can vote from 28th Jan 2012 to 24th Feb 2012.
- The Award categories may be dropped, increased or modified based on the level of response received, at the discretion of Awards management.
- The proposed timelines for the Awards are:
- Submitting Nomination Forms: 7th January, 2012 – 18th January, 2012
- Final Awards Ceremony: 12th March, 2012
- Efforts will be made to follow the above timelines. However, in the event of circumstances beyond the control of Awards Management, these timelines may need to be altered
- Only products which are legally available for purchase in India in Indian Rupees can be entered for the Awards
- Indian organizations / individuals are permitted to participate in the awards i.e. organizations with a registered address and who conduct business / have operations in India.
- Participants understand that product samples need to be made available for testing and analysis by the Knowledge Partners (Living Digital) as and when required. Samples must be made available to Living Digital within four working days of request, failing which the entry could be disqualified.
- Product samples will be retained by Living Digital and NDTV for the duration of the testing and Jury decision process. The samples will be returned once the winners are decided by the Jury.
- Participants need to complete the participation questionnaire as attached in order to submit their entries or submit their entries by mailing across the nomination form at email@example.com
- Only gadgets launched from 1st Feb 2011 to 15th Jan 2012 are eligible to apply.
- Right to permit participation is reserved with Awards Management
- Nominations will be invited through a three way nomination process:
- From the general public
- From the product manufacturer
- Nominations by the jury
- This form is for participation by Product Manufacturers only.
- The nomination form needs to be completed online and submitted to NDTV by 1700 hrs, 18th January, 2012
- Receipt of entries after the last date of receipt specified may be permitted only at the discretion of Awards management
- Awards management will not be responsible for entries that are not submitted properly / received late
- Incomplete nomination form in any manner will disqualify a participant from participating in the Awards
- Entries will be accepted in English only
- The Awards Management & Knowledge Partner reserves the right to nominate certain products for each category, in case of non-participation by the manufacturer for whatever reason.
- Incorrect Information
- Awards Management has the right to ask for proof of information provided / audit the information provided in the entry form. If such a request is made and the participant does not agree, the participant could be disqualified from participation at the Award
- Information received will be treated as confidential and not used for any purpose except for determining the winner of the Awards
- If at any time, any information provided by any participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the participant will not be permitted to continue participation in the Awards
- If, after the conclusion of the Award ceremony, any information provided by any participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, the participant will be liable to return the Award and any monetary / non-monetary incentives provided as part of the Award
- Determination of whether information is incorrect or not rests with Awards Management
- Short-listing Procedure
- Entries received will be collated with identified entries to ensure completeness of participants
- An initial jury will evaluate collated list of entries based on pre-defined evaluation criteria to determine nominees in each category
- The decision of the above short listing is binding and final on all Participants
- Nominees could be contacted to submit further relevant information for the final round
- In the event no entries in a category are found to be worthy of inclusion in the Awards, the category could be cancelled at the discretion of Juries or Awards Management. The internal jury may decide that no nominee is worthy of the Award and disqualify all participants at its discretion
- Jury decision is binding on all participants
- Determination of Winners
- The nominees in each Award category will be presented to the final Jury for determination of winners
- Short listed participants will be required to provide a sample product to the Knowledge Partner (Living Digital) at their Gurgaon test labs for pre-award testing and analysis. Samples need to be sent within four working days of request, failing which the nomination can be cancelled.
- The sample product shall remain with the Knowledge Partner and Awards Management for the duration of the Awards. All technical specifications and details must be given for any queries raised by the jury. The product will be returned to the participants once the final winners are declared.
- The final Jury will score and/or rank each nominee based on a pre-defined evaluation criteria
- Jury votes will be collated and tabulated to determine one (or more) final winner(s) in each category.
- Jury’s decision is final and binding on all Participants.
- Participants understand and agree that mere participation in the Awards does not entitle Participants to win a prize.
- The Jury may decide, in order to maintain high standards of these awards, that there could be no winner in a particular category.
- The nominees in each Award category will be presented to the final Jury for determination of winners
- Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all Nominees and no correspondence will be entertained on the same
- Nominees and Winners permit free of cost the use of their name and factual information about their participation in the public media (for the build-up to the Awards, during the Awards ceremony and after the Awards ceremony) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards, if any
- The Company will not be liable for any claims / disputes made by the Participants, Nominees or Winners in relation to the Award.
- The Company reserves the right to withdraw, or amend these terms at any time and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any person or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards, the Awards being withdrawn or its terms amended.
- The Company cannot and shall not be accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards. The Company and its contractors cannot be held responsible for matters out of its control and for force majored reasons.
- Additions, deletions and/or modifications to these Rules are at the discretion of the Company and the Company may make such additions/deletions and/or modifications, at any time before or after the Awards.
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai, India.
- The Participants, Nominees and Winners agree that they shall hold harmless the Company and Sponsors, its employees, officers, contractors or other persons and shall defend them against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability arising out of or in connection with any or all claims whether or not groundless, that may be brought against the Company by any third party in connection with participation in or winning the Award.
- If participants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the awards or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their questions, problems or queries to firstname.lastname@example.org