TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions for Participation In The NDTV Gadget Guru Awards 2017 (“Contest”).
- The terms and conditions contained herein (hereinafter referred to as “Terms”) apply to the Contest conducted by New Delhi Television Limited (“NDTV”) .Your participation in the Contest will be construed as an acceptance of the Terms. If you do not agree to any of the Terms you should not participate in the Contest. NDTV reserves the right to modify the Terms at any time.
- This Contest will commence on 9th June, 2017 and end on 6th July, 2017
- The Contest is open to Indian Citizens residing within the geographical territory of India only.
- Employees of NDTV & its subsidiaries/group companies as well as those companies & their subsidiaries sponsoring the Contest/Contest prizes as also companies associated through barter with NDTV Gadget Guru Awards and their families are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
Rules of Participation
- Participants can vote for the gadget of their choice, from the list provided on http://www.ndtv.com/gadgetguruawards
- 5 winners shall be shortlisted by NDTV. The winners will be chosen by NDTV, randomly, from amongst the entries received.
- The prize for the winning participants will be a Samsung S8 smartphone.
- The discretion of shortlisting the winners lies solely with NDTV and it cannot be challenged under any circumstance. The decision of NDTV in this matter will be final and binding on all parties thereto and no questions, correspondence, enquiries, etc. on the manner of the selection and the Contest itself from any party whatsoever will be entertained.
- The winner shall be declared on the NDTV Gadget Guru Awards 2017 show. The details of the prize disbursement shall be separately intimated to the winner(s) either through a phone call or email.
- An online entry will be considered only when it reaches the NDTV system (not when it was sent by the participant). NDTV shall not be liable to consider any entry which has not been received in the NDTV system. No claims or objections shall be entertained in this regard.
- Taxes and levies on the Contest prizes as may be imposed by the Central, State and/ or Local government authorities including but not limited to Gift Tax/Registration/Insurance will need to be paid by the winners and they are fully responsible in this regard for the same. The Contest Winner shall receive the prize only after all amount related to the taxes and levies have been settled.
- Participants acknowledge that the prize is sponsored and agree that NDTV will not be responsible or liable for the same in any manner whatsoever. NDTV accepts no responsibility for the quality of the prize or any defects therein. In case of any problems with the prize the winner will need to contact the manufacturer directly for the same.
- The winner will also be required to send (by post or email) copies of the following documents to NDTV (Identification documents) before being entitled to receive the Samsung S8 smartphone:
i) Identity Proof (Driving License/ Passport/ Ration Card/ PAN Card/ Voters ID Card etc.)
ii) Current Address Proof (same as for Identity Proof, except for PAN Card)
iii) Copy of PAN Card
- This list is indicative and NDTV may require any winner to produce any other document at its discretion in order to confirm his / her identity before the prize is disbursed. The mode and mechanism of the prize disbursal will be communicated to the winner by NDTV.
- Mere participation in the Contest does not entitle a participant to win a prize.
- The Management of NDTV & its subsidiaries/group companies reserve the right to cancel/ postpone/ stop this Contest at its sole discretion or change all or any part of terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation of any kind and being liable for any consequential losses/damages.
- Nothing here in amounts to a commitment or representation by NDTV to conduct further or other schemes/contest.
- Comments of participants or materials sent to NDTV including feedback and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential. NDTV is free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback and Contest entries without limitations or obligation of any kind. NDTV is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any purpose. NDTV reserves the right to analyze and summarize data that is collected and also reserves the right to publish, distribute, share summaries of the data collected with sponsors or other business partners without limitations or obligations of any kind.
- It is the sole responsibility of the participants to ensure that they are entitled to participate in this Contest as per the applicable law.
- We are fully committed to following laws related to the collection of data. You are required to give us the correct details about yourself and NDTV will not be liable for any damages direct or indirect for any wrong addresses submitted.
- The decision of NDTV and / or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents with respect to the Contest, any matter related thereto including the choice of questions or the manner of choosing of winners will be final and binding on all participants and no questions, correspondence, enquiries, etc. on the manner of conduct of the Contest from any party whatsoever will be entertained.
- To the extent permitted by law, NDTV or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents, shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent on the part of NDTV or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents.
- In no event shall NDTV’s liability for any claim made by any participant for any reason exceed Rs. 5000/-.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by & construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. Any dispute including any dispute arising out of all matters with respect to the contest are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts at Delhi only.
- For any feedback, suggestions, queries, email us at email@example.com.