1. Portable Audio Product (includes all kinds Bluetooth speakers and headphones)
2. Consumer Electronics
3. Best TV Of The Year (includes all kinds)
4. Best Camera Of The Year (includes all kinds)
5. Portable Computing Product (includes tablets and laptops)
6. Computer Peripheral
7. Smartphone of the Year (any above the value of Rs 10,000)
8. Phone of the Year Under Rs. 10,000
9. Tech Innovation of the Year
10. Gaming App/Game Of The Year
11. Best Smartwatch Of The Year
12. Wearable Gadget of the Year (includes fitness bands, etc.)
13. Tech Car of the Year
14. Tech Brand Ambassador of the Year
15. App of the Year*
16. Gadget Eye Candy*
17. Gadget of the Year (Viewers’ Choice)*
18. NDTV Gadget of the Year (Jury’s Choice)*
* Indicates categories which are not open for nominations to gadget companies
The definitions for the respective award categories are:
1. Portable Audio Product: This includes all portable audio players, headphones, portable sound docks and battery powered speaker systems as well as any other form of portable audio device. Price is no bar in this category.
2. Consumer Electronics: This category includes projectors and projection systems, Blu-Ray players, HDD media players, HD video upscalers or any other gadget or consumer electronic product which is not covered or does not fit in any of the other categories. No white goods such as refrigerators, Air conditioners etc. should be nominated. Price no bar.
3. Best TV of the Year: The Television display category covers all types of flat panel televisions like LCDs, LEDs, plasma TVs, projection TVs (not projectors), 4K TVs and laser TVs. Price no bar.
4. Best Camera of The Year: Imaging devices includes all types of digital still cameras and video cameras. These include those that record to tape, flash memory or hard disks. Price no bar.
5. Portable Computing Product: This category will include all the notebooks, tablets, hybrids, and ultrabooks. Price is no bar in this category.
6. Computer Peripheral: Computer peripherals include printers (both inkjet and laser), all-in-one (print-scan-copy-fax) devices, scanners (sheet-fed and flatbed), external storage devices, webcams, computer monitors and displays, keyboards and mice. Basically anything that can be worked with after being plugged in or set up with a computer. Price no bar.
7. Smartphone of the Year: This award goes to the best overall Smartphone, but with price tag upwards of Rs 10,000 (MRP). A Smartphone would be defined as one offering various advanced capabilities in terms of day-to-day use, connectivity as well as third party software installations and running a Smartphone operating system such as Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, etc.
8. Phone of the Year Under Rs. 10,000: This award is for budget mobile phones (Smartphone or feature phone) under the price range of Rs 10,000.
9. Tech Innovation of the Year: Various interesting and innovative technologies have been introduced through the years that have made a significant impact on one or the other aspect of gadgets and related industry. This category looks at not just technologies but also any other form of innovation that has brought about a substantial change.
10. Gaming App/Game of the Year: Any game in the last year can be nominated for this category. The game can be on any platform – Smartphones, Computing products or Gaming consoles.
11. Best Smartwatch of the Year: Any smartwatch or watch with smart synch features qualifies in this category. It can run on any platform. Price no bar.
12. Wearable Gadget of the Year: All the fitness bands, shoes, arm bands etc., any form of wearable tech is a part of this category. It excludes Smart Watches. Price no bar.
13. Tech Car of the Year: All the cars in the past year that have incorporated technology in their functionality either as user features or as tech in operations. Price no bar.
14. Tech Brand Ambassador of the Year: This category basically looks at various celebrities who have done endorsements for gadgets. TV commercials, print ads, etc. are considered for this award.
15. App of the Year: This category is not open for nominations to the manufacturers. This one covers applications across all mobile platforms (iOS, Windows, Android etc). The category will include all categories of apps like IM’s, productivity, GPS maps and even fun apps. Price no bar.
16. Gadget Eye Candy: This is for the gadget that offers the most visual appeal & design flair across categories. There is no price or specification limit, it’s all about the looks here. The nominees will be selected from a shortlist from other categories and is not open for individual nominations.
17. Gadget of the Year (Viewers’ Choice): This category is not open to nominations to the manufacturers. The category will be populated from amongst the other entries jointly by the Jury and NDTV edit teams. The final winner will be decided using a public voting on the NDTV Awards website. The voting will start soon
18. NDTV Gadget of the Year (Jury’s Choice): This category is not open to nominations to the manufacturers. The category will be populated from amongst the Jury nominations and other entries by the NDTV edit team. The Jury will decide the final winner during the Jury meet by voting.